Thursday 11 November 2010

Baloney and Marshmallows For Lunch

Supermarkets are scary. Just stand in line and watch what people buy, it's startling. Blue yogurts, canned meat, and "fruit" flavored breakfast cereals.

Nasty stuff, right? Now, most people don't pay attention to other shoppers, but I'm a jerk. I take mental notes so I can pass judgment. Try it. It's a lot of fun!

Last week, I was at the store, minding my own business - not really - and watched some lady buy quite the lunch for her kids.

So this lady gets in line behind me and she's yammering on her cell phone, not even a regular one, it was one of those pseudo Secret Service ear pieces, for people who are wildly self-important. "Red team go! Red team go!"

I was ignoring her until she said, "I'm just picking up lunch for the kids." There's nothing wrong with that, until I noticed what she was piling onto the conveyor belt: sliced white bread, packaged baloney - not even the fresh stuff - and a bag of marshmallows. Wow, major parenting fail!

Listen, I'm not a parent. I don't want kids. I don't even like children. They're annoying and they smell. But how can you slap a piece of baloney between white bread and call that a meal fit for a child? The answer is, you can't.

I don't even want to know what the marshmallows were for. If she puts them on the sandwich, Child Protective Services need to be notified.

Her kids will probably grow up and be some of those annoying people who, at 35 years old, still only eat three things and pout about trying new foods.

Image credit: Warner Video

Teens and Kids Weird parenting sandwiches 18 Comments Karen on 6 Nov 2010

ahahahahah My boyfriend and I do the same thing when we go to the grocery store! lol We look at people and their purchases and makes wild guesses. For example "no wonder she is the size of an elephant..." or "they are obviously having taco night..." or "...she must be having a bunch of people over for dinner..." etc We don't always make negative comments, we just like to people watch and try to guess things about people. It is amazing what you can learn about a person by looking at what they buy at the grocery store.
My brother works in a grocery store and sometimes I shop at his store. He is not allowed to ring me through the till but his coworkers can. He has told me that his fellow employees always comment to him about my purchases. "That was the most vegetables I ever rang through the till.." its pretty funny.

Reply

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment